Sport and Youth Welfare
District Sports and Youth Welfare Officer, Damoh
- Maa Tujhe Pranaam Scheme:- 5 youths and 05 women from all development blocks of the district are sent on experience journey on the international border of India, under the guidance of Mata Tum Sabh under the Department of Sports and Youth Welfare. In the year 2019, a total of 48 youths and youths have been selected under the selection of Maa Tou Swam Yojana, which will be sent on the journey of experience on receipt of instructions from the Directorate of Bhopal.
- Sports Scholarship for Sportsmen: – The department has the provision of providing sports scholarships every year for the best players of the district getting medals in single and party mode. For this purpose, 18 applications were received in the year 2019, which is to be tested and eligible sports holders are offered on the occasion of Sports Day.
The information about the events / activities organized by District Sports and Youth Welfare Department throughout the year are as follows: –
- Summer Sports Training Camp: – Summer Sports Training Camp is organized between April and May of every year under the Sports and Youth Welfare Department. Summer Camp was organized in the year 2019 between 22 April and 21 May 2019. In which 1550 players participated in local sports in district level and 07 development blocks.
- Hockey Feeder Center: – In order to promote national sports hockey, the Hockey Feeder Center in Damoh operates the Govt. J.P.B. School’s playground is being operated from January 2017, in which 20 children and girls are receiving training in the training hours.
- Chief Minister Cup:- Every year, the Chief Minister’s Cup is organized by the department at the development block and district level, in which the children and girls of the age group of 16 years are participating. In the year 2019, in the month of September, the Chief Minister is proposed to be organized.
State level departmental website : http://dsywmp.gov.in/en/